Which is the only nation competing to qualify for the 2010 World Cup that, when the two teams line up ahead of kick off, doesn’t have an anthem to call its own? Easy! Easy! England of course. Whatever the Scots, Welsh and at least half the Northern Irish’s view of the Royal Family, God Save the Queen is as much their anthem as ours, so why on earth doesn’t England get a tune that belongs to us?
- Scots Boo the British and Royal Anthem at Wembley
- Campaign launched for England to use an English anthem to be sung at the Rugby League World Cup
- English National Anthem for the Rugby World Cup
- English Commonwealth’s petition for an English anthem
- ‘England’ by Dave Rolfe and Kevin Arnold
- Fury as Scots and Welsh refuse to sing the “English national anthem”
- Mulholland tables Parliamentary motion calling for English national anthem
- Does the Royal Society of St George support our campaign?
Support anthem4england on Facebook
Sign the Petition